Collective Efforts For Research (fwd)

Don Ashley dashley at TENET.EDU
Wed Mar 1 22:42:28 EST 1995

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 22:41:16 -0600 (CST)
From: Don Ashley <dashley at tenet.edu>
To: oracle oracle <oracle at nynexst.com>
Subject: Collective Efforts For Research

Owen,

We have a group called The Curing Old Age Disease Society (COADS) with
objectives that you mention.  Strategically, we avoid product endorsement
and focus on public awareness and funds generation for research.

Our annual banquet in September will promote these objectives. We have
budget to pay honorarium to attract a high draw speaker to Houston as
keynote presenter.

Our president and COADS have been featured in local and national media.

Resistance is challenging.

We plan to initiate essay contests, and sponsor debates on the issues.
We are approaching figureheads in various industries to participate as
sponsors or judges for the contests and banquet.  Funds and proceeds are
targeted for research and public awareness.

Our status is grass roots.  We need ideas and energy.  (And certainly
funds to operate).

Whatever your efforts are in your community, we would like very much to
combine efforts with you for maximum effect toward common objectives.

Happy to send you literature and video entitled "Care To Live An Extra
100 Years" at your request.

At this point, part of our strategy is to identify politicians who may be
favorable to these objectives as well as private sector leaders.

Since some movement has already been made, we would like to determine
what rationale was convincing enough to enact funding and expand on that
rationale.  Specifically, there have been decisions made at the committee
and legislative level to invest venture capital and to direct public funding
for genetic anti-aging (immortality) research.

Suppression of research and technology has been claimed, but specifics
 and evidence of such are not available.  Other than the general public
attitude of fear, disbelief, and negativity.

Compiling favorable media representatives is necessary and if you read or
view any public figures who are friendly to these concerns, we need to
contact them.  We also need to enlist any other influential or publicly
known people.

Most importantly, those of us in the general public who want to get
involved in the leg work should be given the opportunity. There is much
work to be done (it certainly doesn't have to be unpleasant work) for
people of all talents and energies.

We all stand to benefit from the process as well as the result.

Don Ashley