Coles and Harris' CoQ10 Study (was Re: A4M Discussion)

Brian Manning Delaney bmdelane at ellis.uchicago.edu
Fri Mar 3 00:52:28 EST 1995

In article <lulyD4pzK2.LJ2 at netcom.com> luly at netcom.com (Robert Luly) wrote, among other things:
>Hello Brian
>I was at that talk in Vegas and I got a copy of the slides from Dr. Coles.
> I heard Dr. Regelson say something similar when quoting a friend regarding
>DHEA replacement vs: natural reduction of hormone levels. That is maybe this
>reduction *extends* life and should not be restored to youthful levels.

Exactly my concern.

> Regarding the Coles slides I noticed that the 80% to 20% survival slope was
>about the same for controls and the test animals. The max survival was also
>the same. However *ALL* the CoQ-10 group was shifted to the right by
>about 30 %. That looks like a positive effect to me.

I'm not sure I follow you here "*ALL* .. shifted.."?

Anyway, on a diff. note, the survival curve diagram also shows nearly
identical results for folate (not discussed ina the paper).

[End of new material.]

--
Brian M. Delaney <b-delaney at uchicago.edu> [DO NOT cc: articles to me.]
<bmdelane at midway.uchicago.edu> [Wrists: "Leave unambiguous typos."]