basic info

Mark Ungrin mdungrin at sciborg.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Mar 5 18:28:53 EST 1995

I just read a couple of postings here from people with basic questions
about ageing

I am interested in ageing research, but, at least as an undergrad,
information about current molecular biological - type theories about
ageing is quite scarce

my university only has one course on ageing, and it's being taught for
arts students who need a science credit, on a sort of "ageing is what
happens when you get old" level

I am interested in any responses to the questions asked in the two recent
postings, particularly responses from people doing current research, and
I also have a few wonderings of my own:  for someone who's interested in
this field, where's a good place to do graduate work?  Do you think
getting an MD (vs a PhD) is a good idea, if I am mainly interested in the
molecular biology?  Is there a good university-text-book like reference
out there for ageing research?  What are the available opportunities for
undergraduate internships?

Thanks for your time

Mark
Mark Ungrin					Phone:  (519) 747 - 5971
3A Honours Biochemistry				 Mail:  P.O. Box 1131
University of Waterloo					Deep River, Ont.
Canada							Canada, K0J 1P0

Email:  mdungrin at sciborg.uwaterloo.ca