What evidence for "non-aging" species?

Steve Chambers steve at chambers.ak.planet.co.nz
Fri Mar 10 22:49:56 EST 1995

I'm just reviewing "How and Why We Age" by Leonard Hayflick.  In
Chapter 2, with reference to the tortoise, lobster, flounder etc.
he states:

  Unlike us, [these] animals that do not age have the SAME chance of
  dying every year after sexual maturation.

He offers no reference for this statement and I personally find it
hard to accept.  Can anyone point me to a study of any such species
which shows a constant age-independant mortality rate?

Steve

--
(I_lurk,_therefore_I_am!_\ ,,,                    Steve Chambers
                          (o o)   steve at chambers.ak.planet.co.nz