"Black box" kills old people?

John de Rivaz John at longevb.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 14 08:06:47 EST 1995

In article: <uNiYvAWHBh107h at chambers.ak.planet.co.nz>
steve at chambers.ak.planet.co.nz (Steve Chambers) writes:
> I'm just reviewing "How and Why We Age" by Leonard Hayflick.  In
> Chapter 4 he argues that:
>
>   diseases associated with old age are NOT part of the normal aging
>   process ... diseases, unlike aging, are not normal.
>
> later he says:
>
>   The cause of death in old people is a mysterious "black box."
>   Usually some standard cause of death is chosen from an approved
>   list in order to comply with legal requirements.

All systems of life are subject to disease and destruction. If there is such
a black box, why does it not go wrong which the result that we ocasionally
get people living to several hundred years of age at which point they die of
physical violence.

The possible answers are:

1. There is no black box.
2. Our universe is deliberately designed by a malevolent entity and that
entity proves its existance by disobeying one of the laws of his creation to
further his own ends.

Obviously answer one is the only credible answer.

--
               * Publisher of        Longevity Report *