Looking for review of "Human Biological Age Determ."

Brian Manning Delaney bmdelane at ellis.uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 16 21:57:34 EST 1995

In article <pucYvA4FBh107h at chambers.ak.planet.co.nz> steve at chambers.ak.planet.co.nz (Steve Chambers) wrote, among other things:

>  Practical Handbook of Human Biological Age Determination
>  Edited by Arthur K Balin
>  560 pages; published by CRC Press; ISBN: 0-8493-0129-7
>

>.  Has anyone reviewed/seen it?
>It's 140 bucks (USD) - so I want to be sure I'm getting value from it.

Steve,

Is this a new edition? I saw a fairly old version of what I think is
the same book. It was encyclopedic in a way that might not be too
useful for most people; there was a kind of inefficiency in the
presentation of the relevant info -- "Researchers X and Y in Japan use
test a (long description), b (long desc.), c (l. d.), ...;" whereas W
and V in England use only b (same long description), c (...).....

Main point is: info wasn't at all proportional to the # of pages. But
let me know what edition it is.

--
Brian M. Delaney <b-delaney at uchicago.edu> [DO NOT cc: articles to me.]
<bmdelane at midway.uchicago.edu> [Wrists: "Leave unambiguous typos."]