apoptosis detection by various kits???

LOCKSHIN, RICHARD A YPRLBIO at sjumusic.stjohns.edu
Wed Mar 15 09:08:32 EST 1995

In article <3jporo$las at rs18.hrz.th-darmstadt.de> dh7y at pop.th-darmstadt.de (Inst. for Biochemistry) writes:
>I'm trying to detect apoptosis by the Terminale-Transferase-
>Reaction.
>For detection I'm using biotinylated dUTP and streptavidin-
>peroxidase with DAB (Diaminobenzidine).
>
>Using flow-cytometry I know the samples are apoptotic, but I can't see
>it with the dye. But in the future I' ll be forced to use it, as I'm
>going to work with lower cell-densities.
>
>Is anybody working with apop-kits or something similar and can give me
>any hints, especially concerning a non fluorescent dye.
>

>Thanks for your answers!
>
>   dirk kaiser
>.
>.
Oncor's ApopTag works nicely with many vertebrate tissues in
sections, following their procedure or frozen sections.  In
insect tissues, you can pick up a weaker signal from DNA synthesis.
Check with OnCor or Zahra Zakeri, Biology, Queens College,
Flushing NY 11367 for specific questions (Fax 718:  997-3445).
Richard A. Lockshin/Dept. Biol. Sci. St. John's U. 8000 Utopia Pkwy
Jamaica NY 11439 USA/Phone 718: 990-1854/ Fax 718: 380-8543