Attitudes to life extension via genetic engineering

John de Rivaz John at longevb.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 29 13:16:31 EST 1995

In article: <Pine.3.89.9503281239.A29646-0100000 at freenet3.scri.fsu.edu>
jnor at FREENET.SCRI.FSU.EDU (Joseph Norton) writes:
> i think that there is certainly enough for everyone (at least everyone
> extant now) if we could wrest most of it away from the 'richest' 1 percent
> or so.

This sort of argument, used by Hitler re the Jews, directs energy away from
the real tasks. There is no "them". It is up to US to defeat ageing and
death. If we do it, then we will be people to be envied and possibly
exterminated. Don't start building camps for the rich. You may end up in
one!

--
               * Publisher of        Longevity Report *