Aging: Inactive List?

Till Noever tillno at
Tue Nov 7 23:30:37 EST 1995

In article
<Pine.OSF.3.91.951107034240.14494N-100000 at>,
dashley at TENET.EDU (Don Ashley) wrote:

> I just figured the contributors had discovered the secrets to longevity
> and decided to keep mum about it until they could protect their
> investments.
> There's hundreds of billions of dollars at stake here.

As I've pointed out before in '', more than just
billions. We are talking about altering the fundamental parameters of
*all* existing human societies.

> Then, again, what if you and a small group of you friends found physical
> immortality?  Would you go out and try to convert a world of skeptics?

Good question. Since the only way to convert a world of skeptics would
take some time (several decades, or more, I suppose) there'd really be no
point in trying. Also, given just a modicum of paranoia, it wouldn't be
hard to see how a person or persons with a healthy survival instinct would
indeed refrain from letting it be known what they've discovered. Wouldn't
you? ;-)

Till Noever (a.k.a. tillno at or till at

"...moments...lost in time - like tears in rain..."  'Roy'