THe antioxidant properties of melatonin

Mike Davis xdcrlab at quake.net
Fri Nov 17 21:07:04 EST 1995

In article <48bijd$b4i at maureen.teleport.com>, jor at teleport.com (Jo
Robinson) wrote:

>         5.  Melatonin is not pro-oxidant under any known condition.

I noticed this contradicts a point made in VRP's melatonin article Part 3
(available online) as follows.

"Other research has shown that melatonin's antioxidant action has
a narrow range, with very low and very high levels resulting in
prooxidant effects. - O. Ianas, R. Glinescu, I. Badescu, Endocrinologie
1991; 29: 147-153."

Unfortunately I do not have easy access to the study cited, care to
comment? Silly question, I know.

--
Articles: Melatonin, Folate, Tryptophan, etc.; Discount Source List,
                  http://www.quake.net/~xdcrlab/hp.html