Marc Lamphier lamphier at
Wed Nov 22 08:40:22 EST 1995

In article <Pine.A32.3.91.951116193716.23952H-100000 at>,
rcd100x at wrote:

> Is the crystal structure of telomerase known? I've done an extensive
> literature search and so far have not come across any xray
> crystallography studies on this protein.
> If anyone knows of an article that has reported telomerase's crystal
> structure, please email the bibliographic information to me.
> Thanks in advance.
> Raechelle Clarin-Yballe
> rcd100x at
> Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
> Old Dominion University
> Norfolk, Virginia

Telomerase has only recently been cloned in Tetrahymena, none of the
mammalian enzymes have been cloned (at least none that have been publicly
announced). I don't know the progress on making crystals of Tetrahymena
telomerase, but I would bet it is still a while off.

Marc Lamphier
Univ. of Tokyo