why not just stop free radicals?

Henry M. Wieman wiemanh at ma.ultranet.com
Wed Aug 14 19:34:54 EST 1996

In article <4upskb$p29 at news2.h1.usa.pipeline.com>, jmsdean at pipeline.com wrote:
>can someone please explain how free radicals are formed.  there's lots of
>talk about the body forming free radicals when the cells use oxygen but i'm
>not sure how this is done.
>
>secondly, what is the chemical structure of a free radical.
>
>lastly, why is stopping free radical production, as opposed to using
>scaverngers like anti-oxidants, not a current possibility.
>
>luke
The best way to stop free radicals is put them back in jail where they belong
:)

Free radicals occur all by themselves spontaneously as it were whereever you
have oxygen. Being anaerobic is the only way to stop their production. Could
work.

   	Henry M. Wieman          | "Can you answer? Yes I can!
        wiemanh at ma.ultranet.com  |  But what would be the answer,
        Call me Hank             |  To the Answer Man?"