why not just stop free radicals?

Henry M. Wieman wiemanh at ma.ultranet.com
Wed Aug 14 19:34:54 EST 1996

In article <4upskb$p29 at news2.h1.usa.pipeline.com>, jmsdean at pipeline.com wrote:
>can someone please explain how free radicals are formed.  there's lots of
>talk about the body forming free radicals when the cells use oxygen but i'm
>not sure how this is done.
>secondly, what is the chemical structure of a free radical.
>lastly, why is stopping free radical production, as opposed to using
>scaverngers like anti-oxidants, not a current possibility.
The best way to stop free radicals is put them back in jail where they belong

Free radicals occur all by themselves spontaneously as it were whereever you
have oxygen. Being anaerobic is the only way to stop their production. Could

   	Henry M. Wieman          | "Can you answer? Yes I can!
        wiemanh at ma.ultranet.com  |  But what would be the answer,
        Call me Hank             |  To the Answer Man?"