Physiology of aging bibliography

Charles Carter ccarter2 at mustang.uwo.ca
Thu Jan 11 19:26:10 EST 1996

sorribas at udl.es ("Albert Sorribas") wrote:
>Is there any book on Physiology on aging. I'd need not an ageing
>theories compendium, but a book describing which physiological
>changes happen with ageing.

Hi Manel,

   I have the ultimate book for you:  "Practical Handbook of Human
Biologic Age Determination"  Edited by Arthur K. Balin, M.D. PhD.
F.A.C.P.   CRC Press Inc. 1994.  It goes through all of the molecular and
organic physiological changes that take place as one ages.  I was pretty
excited about it when I first saw it.  It's a great big 10 pound book so
it MUST be good!  Apparently it was written to give the gerontologist
some physical benchmarks to assess rates of aging etc.

-Chuck