Q10 Vitamin?

Gisela Hoschek hoschek at JEEVES.UCSD.EDU
Tue Jan 16 18:35:41 EST 1996

>To: ageing at net.bio.net
>From: hilhar at vax2.concordia.ca (HARRY HILL)
>Subject: Re: Q10 Vitamin?
>Date: 15 Jan 1996 08:28 -0500
>News-Software: VAX/VMS VNEWS 1.50
>
>In article <4d8ai2$inn at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, docclipper at aol.com (DocCLIPPER)
>writes...
>>I have been doing alot of reading on the subject and now I am confused.
>>Is Q10 Ubiquinone synthesuzed by the body or is an essential nutrient.  I
>>had thought that it was coded on mitichondrial DNA and synthesized for the
>>mitochondrial electron transport system.  Now some people write that an
>>intake of Q10 is essential.  Who know out there?
>

>        I have been taking Q-10 daily since surgery in July, and gained more
>energy more quickly than was expected. I, too, would like an answer to the
>question above.
>
>        Harry Hill

This month's Scientific American has an interesting article about aging
where Ubiqinone plays a prominent role. It shows that things are much more
complicated and not yet understood than you might think.

Gisela Hoschek
Personal editing-proofing-translating for bio communication
1124 Nardo Rd.
Encinitas, CA 92024 USA                              (())
Tel. (619) 944-4233                               **(((())))**********
e-mail: hoschek at jeeves.ucsd.edu     ***      ((()))
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA***