Q10 Vitamin?

Jack Challem Jack_Challem at ortel.org
Tue Jan 16 23:50:43 EST 1996

Gisela Hoschek,hoschek at JEEVES.UCSD.EDU writes:
<<This month's Scientific American has an interesting article about aging
where Ubiqinone plays a prominent role. It shows that things are much more
complicated and not yet understood than you might think.>>

The SA article is interesting, but things are better understood than you
might think. The heart of Peter Mitchell's 1978 Nobel prize in chemistry was
related to CoQ10 (uniquinone). I mentioned this quaint fact to my FDA
contact, and his response was "If that's the case, we might have to
reevaluate our position on CoQ10."
Jack Challem
Editor & Publisher
THE NUTRITION REPORTER TM newsletter

THE NUTRITION REPORTER, an independent newsletter, summarizes recent medical journal
articles on vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. For sample issues, send $3 and a long
self-addressed envelope with 55 cents postage to The Nutrition Reporter,
PO Box 5505, Aloha OR 97006 USA. By the way...we do not sell vitamins.