Free radicals and aging

nl7010b00-Norman AndrewsMT0000OBIN norm at mthost2.mt.att.com
Fri Jul 12 12:16:22 EST 1996

For tests on synergistic effects of antioxidant vitamins, see the paper
by Roger Williams (et al?) in The Physicians' Handbook of Orthomolecular
Medicine.  Rats predisposed to cataracts were the test subjects.  Not
only did the development of cataracts prevented or slowed, in some cases
the damage was reversed.  Based on my memory after a couple of decades.
The work was done in San Antonio.

Roger J. Williams was a discoverer/codiscoverer of some of the B vitamins.
I believe he died at UT-Austin area in his 90's a few years ago.

Norm Andrews.