Source for mortality rates/life expec by occupation?

Sydney Shall bafa1 at
Mon Mar 18 08:31:09 EST 1996

Steve Chambers (steve at wrote:
: Does anyone know a good source for data on mortality rates or life expectancy
: by occupational group?

: Thanks in advance :-)

: Steve

: --
:  ________________________
: (I_lurk,_therefore_I_am!_\  ,,,                           Steve Chambers
:                            (o o)          steve at
I suggest that you ask any big Life-Insurance Company.  Clearly their
actuaries must have access to such data.  When you find out, will you
please tell us all.

Sydney Shall

Sydney SHALL, Laboratory of Cell and Molecular Biology, Biology Building,
University of Sussex, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 9QG, ENGLAND.
Tel:+ FAX:+; E-Mail:Janet:S.Shall at
Elsewhere:S.Shall at      EARN/BITNET:S.Shall%sussex at ukacrl