Short men have higher heart risk?

Sydney Shall bafa1 at
Mon Mar 18 08:29:46 EST 1996

Steve Chambers (steve at wrote:
: This by-line headed an article in yesterday's local rag.  Not much detail -
: but a Donna Parker of Memorial Hospital in Rhode Island was quoted and
: a German study was also mentioned in passing.

: Anyone know any more detail?  These results seem counter-intuitive to me
: given established relationships between mortality and size, calorie
: restriction and lifespan increase etc.

: Steve

: --
:  ________________________
: (I_lurk,_therefore_I_am!_\  ,,,                           Steve Chambers
:                            (o o)          steve at
I wonder whether there is data correlating adult height and life-span.
If anybody knows of such data could they please give a reference.

Sydney Shall
Sydney SHALL, Laboratory of Cell and Molecular Biology, Biology Building,
University of Sussex, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 9QG, ENGLAND.
Tel:+ FAX:+; E-Mail:Janet:S.Shall at
Elsewhere:S.Shall at      EARN/BITNET:S.Shall%sussex at ukacrl