Christmas story on aging and longevity

Leonid A.Gavrilov leonid at gavrilov.genebee.msu.su
Sat Nov 9 17:31:37 EST 1996

Dear Colleagues,

   Recently we have received an international award for organizing
the joint U.S.-Russian scientific workshop on mechanisms of aging
and human longevity at Gerontology Research Center, Baltimore on
December 7-20, 1996.

   We would like to use this lucky chance and to visit some other
gerontological centers in USA after the workshop, to present our new
scientific results and to discuss the opportunities for scientific
collaboration.

   We already have positive experience with our seminars in USA during
the visit in 1993 when the seminars were given at Detroit (The Wayne
University), Baltimore (Gerontology Research Center), Fort Worth
(University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth),
Hyattsville (National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for
Disease Control), Davis (University of California, Davis), Michigan
(Barros Research Institute), Palo Alto (Stanford University School
of Medicine) and many other places.

   Recommendations for our seminars could be obtained from:

        Dr.Robert Arking, Professor of Biological Sciences at Wayne State
University, Detroit. Telephone: 313-577-2873.

        Dr. Donald Ingram, Research Psychologist within the Molecular
Physiology and Genetics Section of the GRC. Telephone: 410-558-8178.

     Dr. Robert W.Gracy, Associate Dean for Research and Biotechnology.
Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, Graduate School of Biomedical
Science. 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76107-2699.
Telephone: 817-735-5400.

   The seminars are based on our book:

         THE BIOLOGY OF LIFE SPAN: A QUANTITATIVE APPROACH

that was published in USA by Harwood Academic Publishers and has received
more than 20 positive reviews in the most prestigeous scientific journals.
Some more recent results used in our seminars are published in the following
journals:

1. "Parental Age at Reproduction and Offspring Longevity", Reviews in
   Clinical Gerontology, 1996, vol.6, No.4 (In Press).
2. "A Typical Interdisciplinary Topic: Questions of the Mortality Dynamics",
   Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, 1995, vol.20, No.3, pp.283-293.
3. "Sex and Longevity", Nature, 1994, vol.367, No.6463,p.520.
4. "Fruit Fly Aging and Mortality", Science, 1993, vol.260, No.5114, p.1565.

   In the case if you are interested in our seminars, please let us know.
Our CVs are available upon the request.

   Sincerely yours,

   Dr.Leonid A.Gavrilov, Ph.D.
   Principal Research Scientist
   A.N.Belozersky Institute
   Moscow State University
   119899 Moscow, Russia
   FAX: 7-095-939-0338
        7-095-939-3181
   Email: leonid at gavrilov.genebee.msu.su
   Reserve email: gavrilov at glas.apc.org

   Dr.Natalia S.Gavrilova, Ph.D.
   Institute for Systems Analysis, Lab.10-2
   Russian Academy of Sciences
   9, 60-Let Oktyabrya
   117312 Moscow, Russia
   Tel.: 7-095-427-0047