Fortcoming seminars in USA, December 7 - January 15+++

Leonid A.Gavrilov leonid at gavrilov.genebee.msu.su
Fri Nov 15 09:05:25 EST 1996

To Whom It May Concern:

   The purpose of this message is to inform about our forthcoming
visit with lectures and seminars in USA for the period of
December 7, 1996 - January 15, 1997 (and perhaps later) and about
our interest to develop broad U.S.-Russian collaboration including
joint research projects.

   Recently we have received an international award for organizing
the joint U.S.-Russian scientific workshop on mechanisms of aging
and human longevity at Gerontology Research Center, Baltimore on
December 7-20, 1996.

   The purpose of our forthcoming scientific mission in USA is
to develop joint research projects on mechanisms of aging and
longevity and to submit them for funding.

   We would like to use this lucky chance and to visit some other
gerontological, biological and demographic centers in USA after the
workshop, to present our new scientific results and to discuss the
opportunities for scientific collaboration.

   We already have positive experience with our seminars in USA during
the visit in 1993 when the seminars were given at Detroit (The Wayne
University), Baltimore (Gerontology Research Center), Fort Worth
(University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth),
Hyattsville (National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for
Disease Control), Davis (University of California, Davis), Michigan
(Barros Research Institute), Palo Alto (Stanford University School
of Medicine) and many other places.

   Recommendations for our seminars could be obtained from:

     -   Dr.James Carey, University of California, Davis, Phone:
916-752-0475.

     -   Dr.Robert Arking, Professor of Biological Sciences at Wayne State
University, Detroit. Telephone: 313-577-2873.

     -   Dr. Donald Ingram, Research Psychologist within the Molecular
Physiology and Genetics Section of the Gerontology Research Center, NIA,
Baltimore. Telephone: 410-558-8178.

     -   Dr. Robert W.Gracy, Associate Dean for Research and Biotechnology.
Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, Graduate School of Biomedical
Science. 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76107-2699.
Telephone: 817-735-5400.

     -   Dr.Joan F.Van Nostrand, National Center for Health Statistics
Coordinator of data on aging, National Center for Health Statistics,
Centers for Disease Control, Public Health Service, Hyattsville,
Phone: 301-436-7104.

     -   Prof. Barnett Rosenberg, Director of the Barros Research Institute,
Holt, Michigan, Phone: 517-694-4788.

   The seminars are based on our book:

         THE BIOLOGY OF LIFE SPAN: A QUANTITATIVE APPROACH

that was published in USA by Harwood Academic Publishers and has received
more than 20 positive reviews in the international scientific journals.
Some more recent results used in our seminars are partially published
in the following journals:

1. "Parental Age at Reproduction and Offspring Longevity", Reviews in
   Clinical Gerontology, 1996, vol.6, No.4 (In Press).

2. "A Typical Interdisciplinary Topic: Questions of the Mortality Dynamics",
   Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, 1995, vol.20, No.3, pp.283-293.

3. "Sex and Longevity", Nature, 1994, vol.367, No.6463,p.520.

4. "Fruit Fly Aging and Mortality", Science, 1993, vol.260, No.5114, p.1565.

   In the case if you are interested in our seminars, please let us know.
Our CVs are available upon the request.

   Sincerely yours,

   Dr.Leonid A.Gavrilov, Ph.D.
   Principal Research Scientist
   A.N.Belozersky Institute
   Moscow State University
   119899 Moscow, Russia
   FAX: 7-095-939-0338
        7-095-939-3181
   Email: leonid at gavrilov.genebee.msu.su
   Reserve email: gavrilov at glas.apc.org

   Dr.Natalia S.Gavrilova, Ph.D.
   Institute for Systems Analysis, Lab.10-2
   Russian Academy of Sciences
   117312 Moscow, Russia
   Tel.: 7-095-427-0047
   E-mail: natalia at gavrilov.genebee.msu.su

P.S.: Our contact address in USA for the period of December 7, 1996
      until January 15, 1997 (and perhaps later) is:

          Dr.Leonid A.Gavrilov, Ph.D.
          3 Dalecrest Ct., Apt.102
          Timonium MD 21093, USA