Need advice on anti-ageing diet.

Alex Hunter none at ic.ac.uk
Fri Apr 18 17:44:15 EST 1997

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could explain to me how I can switch to
a restricted calorie diet of the type which has been found to reduce
ageing and increase longevity in animal experiments for many years?
I understand it involves reducing body weight to at least 10% below
the normal minimum weight, and restricting your calorie intake in some
way while replacing some essential nutrients with supplements. I do
not know the details of which supplements to take and by how much the
calorie intake must be reduced and how to monitor this accurately?
  Since I have repeatedly tried fairly low calorie diets from the age
of around 20 (I am now 30), whilst remaining slightly over the average
weight for my height for all this time: could this have already had
any effect in delaying ageing?