Where are the perfect repair systems?

Longevity-Digest/ Brian Rowley BRowley at ALUMNI.UBC.CA
Tue Feb 11 15:58:20 EST 1997

Hang-Jun Chang <iam at chollian.dacom.co.kr> wrote:
>I am very interested in the relationship between aging process and
>reproduction. Now calorie restriction is known as the only
>scientifically proved aging retardation method. If 'Disposable Soma'
>theory is correct, Why don't 'sexual or reproductive restraint' have
>any effect on life span? I don't know any scientific evident about it
>yet. If you know any articles on it, please let me know them.
>
>Hangjun Chang

        Reproduction decreases life span in fruit flies. Scientists who do
mortality studies on fruit flies separate the males from the females to
prevent mating, as mating reduces longevity. I don't think the same applies
for humans, though :->

Brian Rowley/ Longevity Digest

To subscribe to longevity-digest, a moderated, science-based E-mail group on
ageing, send E-mail to listserv at vm.ege.edu.tr that reads:
subscribe longevity-digest Bart Simpson

in the text.