DHEA and Testicular Cancer?

Ed ed111 at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 3 03:36:05 EST 1997

I am a middle-aged, healthy male.  I recently found through a blood
test that my DHEA is relatively low.  So, based on what I've read, I
thought it would be a good idea to take 50mg DHEA supplements per day.
I also take vitamins.

Well, wouldn't you know.  I talked to a physician at a party, and he
said that, even though DHEA may help to improve your immune response,
and do some of the other wonderful things it is supposed to do, the
main drawback is that DHEA can increase one's susceptibility to
Testicular Carcinoma, since it is androgenic.

Anyone have any thoughts on this, because it sure puts a damper on
taking oral supplements of DHEA.

Thanks, Ed.