Mitochondria and ageing?

Tom Matthews tmatth at
Tue Jul 1 20:45:24 EST 1997

schwarz at wrote:
> Where can I get information about
>    ...the role of mitochondria in aging processes...
> (e. g. about the mitochondrial free radical theory of aging or other
> theories about mutations of mtDNA being the cause of cell aging)?
> Internet URLs on this topic would be great, but I'm also interested in
> magazines, books (English or German) etc.
> Thanks for any help!!
> Hendrik Schwarz
> Student at the University of Freiburg (Germany)
> You can reach me via email to
> schwarz at  or to  schwarz at

You might be interested in subscribing to the Longevity-Digest list.
There recently was an excellent discussion there on just this topic.
Subscribe to the list as follows:

Commands must be sent to LISTSERV at VM.EGE.EDU.TR, never anywhere else.

Commands are typed in the text, not subject line.

SUBscribe    LONGEVITY-DIGEST <your name>

Tom Matthews

A non-profit membership organization dedicated to the extension of the
healthy human lifespan through ground breaking research, innovative
ideas and practical methods.

LIFE EXTENSION MAGAZINE - Living Healthier - Reaching for Immortality
The ULTIMATE source for new health and medical breakthoughs worldwide.