TRAP assay

Dawn DawnC at
Fri Sep 12 16:22:57 EST 1997

Oncor, Inc in Gaithesburg, Mass offers the
TRAPeze kit. It costs around $235 and performs several hundred assays.
I've only used this kit, so I can't compare.

The Oncor kit works fairly well, but it did take me over a month to work
out the "bugs"... most of the problems ended up being with the PCR and
the SYBR green stain, not the actual kit.

Wallace Lauzon wrote:
> Hi,
> I am looking for a kit to perform TRAP assays.  I have seen them at
> Boehringer Mannhiem.  Has anyone tried this kit?  How well does it work?
> Are there others on the market?  Cheaper?  Better?
> Thanks for your help,
> Wallace Lauzon
> University of Ottawa
> Canada

Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all of its students.

The Chako Rescue Association for the American Pit Bull Terrier, Inc.

     A sanctuary for an endangered breed