IGF-1 & prostate cancer+

Ralph L. Samson 73071.20 at COMPUSERVE.COM
Sat Apr 18 08:20:37 EST 1998

Ageing bionet readers,
a direct response in which he asked the question: "Would you explain
how reduced internal fat can also lead to such deficiencies?"  He
was referring to deficiencies of fatty antioxidants.  Since I thought
this might be of interest to other readers, I am responding through
the mailing list.
       IGF-1, coursing through the blood, will dispose of some of the
fatty molecules it finds, including triglycerides and cholesterol and
fatty vitamins and fatty antioxidants.  It also pulls fat out of
adipose tissue.  Over a period of time, some of this adipose tissue
will atrophy for lack of use.  This provides less storage capability
for fatty vitamins and antioxidants.
       My specific experience was related to Vitamin D.  Prior to
starting this regimen, which produces fat loss through IGF-1, my
blood phosphorus was around 3.5 mg/dL.  Seven months later it had
dropped to 3.0 mg/dL.  Knowing what I know now, that would have
concerned me.  In diagnosis, often it is the change in a value that
is most indicative and informative rather than the value itself.
After 26 months, the level had dropped to 2.2 mg/dL which is not
good.  Also, I was experiencing symptoms of osteomalacia.  This
all says "Vitamin D deficiency".  I am taking Vitamin D supplements
to correct this.  What is true for Vitamin D is almost surely true
for the other fatty vitamins and antioxidants.
       IGF-1 coursing through the blood may also directly dissolve
plaque from blood vessel walls.  This is speculative but not that
unlikely.  And of course, my accidental discovery of a cheap and
simple nutritional way to directly, not via HGH, stimulate the liver
to produce IGF-1, makes IGF-1 therapy available to everyone.
Regards, Ralph L. Samson