hypertension and aging

Michael Hogan Michael.Hogan at UCG.IE
Tue Apr 21 14:14:54 EST 1998

Hello everybody,
I am seeking some information on hypertension in middle and old age:
1) What are the standard biomarkers (and tools) used in the
assessment of hypertension in middle and old age
2) Is there a standardised or well used questionaire used to screen
for hypertension or hypertension related illnesses.
3) Is there a standardised or well used questionaire used to assess
the risk factors associated with hypertension?  What are the major
risk factors.
4) Is there any useful information pack on risk factors and medical
sequalae of hypertension in middle aged and older groups.
5) Is there anyone you suggest I contact to find out more?
Thank you for your help.
Mike Hogan,
Ireland.