twins

rEN rsegurdo at tcd.ie
Thu Feb 19 13:15:51 EST 1998

In <34EBE78E.3066 at netcom.ca> Tom Matthews <tmatth at netcom.ca> writes:

>Giuseppe Verdesca wrote:
>>         Do the twin brother suffer from the same illness during their whole
>> life but especially in age?

    I've no idea about dieases in general, but it seems decline of
cognitive ability may be under genetic influence (see: Science 276, p.1560,
6 June 1997)
	That paper might be a good starting point for a literature
search.

<snip>
>Even identical twins, however, are of at least two kinds. All share
>original nuclear DNA, but some may have different mitochondrial DNA.
<snip>

      Forgive my ignorance, but pray tell how identical twins may
possess different mitochondrial genomes?

----
--
[[Oriental proverb of the month...v2.01...(c)1997......]]
[[This is Perfect. That is Perfect. Perfect is Perfect.]]