IGF-1

Ralph L. Samson 73071.20 at COMPUSERVE.COM
Sun Jul 26 06:44:36 EST 1998

Ageing readers,
       Relative to my accidental discovery of a way to directly stimulate
the liver to produce IGF-1, and based on recent IGF-1 level tests, I now
believe that the liver produces a short burst of mostly free, not bound,
IGF-1.  Free IGF-1 is more potent than bound IGF-1 but it also disappears
much more quickly.  My latest blood test gave a TC of 224, an HDLC of 75,
and a TG of 60.  The calculated LDLC is 137, and the TC/HDLC ratio is
2.99.  Interestingly, my glucose was 94.  In another test in May of 1996,
my glucose was 81.  These results, as far as glucose is concerned, seem
to differ from the results with HGH.  Since IGF-1 is getting rid of body
fat, both internal and external, it should reduce "insulin resistance".
Also, since it is providing energy from fat, it should reduce requirements
for glucose.  This all seems to tend to improved glucose status rather
than a worsened one.  My experience with this indicates that the IGF-1
can produce deficiencies in the fatty nutrients; Vitamins A, D, E and K;
and Beta carotene.  These deficiencies can be prevented with suitable
supplements.  Deficiencies of the antioxidants, Vitamin E and Beta carotene,
could account for the reported correlation with cancer.  An apparent
induced Vitamin D deficiency dropped my blood phosphate level, but that
is back to normal with a Vitamin D supplement.
Regards, Ralph L. Samson