successful aging

Jeannette Franks jfranks at u.washington.edu
Fri Jun 19 15:48:43 EST 1998

You will undoubtedly receive many responses to this, but I believe one of
the best resources is "Successful Aging" by John Rowe and Robert Kahn,
1998.  They have a MacArthur grant to distribute it free and also an
excellent handout which is called Facts of Life.  Email cfah at cfah.org for
the former and rhebert at cfah.org for the latter.

"How far go in life depends on your being tender with the young,
compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and
tolerant of the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you will
have been all of these."

--George Washington Carver
Sign up now for the Fall Festival, Oct. 6-9, at the gorgeous AND
affordable Harrison Hot Springs.  We welcome all (you don't need to be
retired!), especially our colleagues from other universities.
Call 543-8600 and ask to be mailed a registration form.

 Visit our web site:
http://www.washington.edu/admin/uwra

 Visit our retirement facility:
University House at Wallingford
Schedule an appointment by calling 545-8400 (this is an
off-campus phone number)

Jeannette Franks, PhD
UW Retirement Center, Office of the Provost
Box 351277
Seattle, WA  98195-1277
(206)543-8600  fax (206)685-1719