successful aging

Tom Matthews tmatth at netcom.ca
Fri Jun 19 21:36:35 EST 1998

Michael Hogan wrote:

> Hello there,
> Can anyone give me recent references for Popular Books which discuss
> the biological, psychological and social dimensions of successful
> aging?

I fear that the juxtaposition of these two words is almost oxymoronic,
unless you restrict the meaning of "aging" to the pure passage of time.
For until one can *totally* prevent deterioration of all body systems
with age, one will not be aging successfully, IMO. Learning how to cope
with ones deterioration and near death is not being successful, but
simply accepting defeat.

--Tom
Tom Matthews

The LIFE EXTENSION FOUNDATION - http://www.lef.org - 800-841-5433