practical strategies for memory impairment

Corey S. Mackenzie coreym at psyc.queensu.ca
Mon Jun 29 11:02:02 EST 1998

Hello,
	I'm a clinical psychology Ph.D. student working for Dr. Dorothy Cotton, a
psychologist who intends to write a book for clinicians from various
disciplines who work with clients with severe memory impairment.  This book
will contain practical memory stategies, suggestions, etc. that are
effective for a variety of specific client populations (dementia, acquired
brain injury, multiple sclerosis, schizophrenia, etc.).  It is our belief
that a great deal of useful information in this area will come from
experienced clinicians who have worked with memory impaired populations.
If you have experience in this area we would greatly appreciate it if you
would take a few minutes to complete the following survey.  Any information
provided will be acknowledged in the event of publication of this material.
 Thank you in advance for your cooperation and for your support of this
important project.

NAME:

PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION (occupation, place of employment, address, phone
number):

CLIENT POPULATION(S):

OTHER REFERENCES WE SHOULD BE AWARE OF/ CLINICIANS WE SHOULD CONTACT:

MEMORY TIP/STRATEGY #1
1) TITLE OF STRATEGY:

2) SOURCE OF STRATEGY:

3) USED FOR WHAT CLIENT POPULATION:

4) DESCRIPTION OF STRATEGY:

5) COMMENT ON EFFECTIVENESS (for whom, under what circumstances, etc.):

6) EQUIPMENT/MATERIALS NEEDED:

MEMORY TIP/STRATEGY #2
1) TITLE OF STRATEGY:

2) SOURCE OF STRATEGY:

3) USED FOR WHAT CLIENT POPULATION:

4) DESCRIPTION OF STRATEGY:

5) COMMENT ON EFFECTIVENESS (for whom, under what circumstances, etc.):

6) EQUIPMENT/MATERIALS NEEDED:

MEMORY TIP/STRATEGY #3
1) TITLE OF STRATEGY:

2) SOURCE OF STRATEGY:

3) USED FOR WHAT CLIENT POPULATION:

4) DESCRIPTION OF STRATEGY:

5) COMMENT ON EFFECTIVENESS (for whom, under what circumstances, etc.):

6) EQUIPMENT/MATERIALS NEEDED:

MEMORY TIP/STRATEGY #4
1) TITLE OF STRATEGY:

2) SOURCE OF STRATEGY:

3) USED FOR WHAT CLIENT POPULATION:

4) DESCRIPTION OF STRATEGY:

5) COMMENT ON EFFECTIVENESS (for whom, under what circumstances, etc.):

6) EQUIPMENT/MATERIALS NEEDED:

MEMORY TIP/STRATEGY #5
1) TITLE OF STRATEGY:

2) SOURCE OF STRATEGY:

3) USED FOR WHAT CLIENT POPULATION:

4) DESCRIPTION OF STRATEGY:

5) COMMENT ON EFFECTIVENESS (for whom, under what circumstances, etc.):

6) EQUIPMENT/MATERIALS NEEDED:

Thank you again for your cooperation.

Corey Mackenzie, M.A.
Department of Psychology