news ideas

spring spring at jumpnet.com
Tue Mar 3 22:34:44 EST 1998

Vladimir V. Bakaev wrote:

> I'm looking  for  any  scientific extraordinarily unusual ideas and methods
> for prolonging life-span.  I'm going to investigate these ideas and methods
> on the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Any suggestions?
> Thanks,
> Bakaev V.V.
> RUSSIA, 630107, Novosibirsk, box 45
> e-mail: vlad at bakaev.nsk.ruThe obvious thing to do is to figure out a way of getting telomerase
into your worm. How is gene therapy usually done? The gene is already
known, and it should be possible to clone it (this has been done for the
human telomerase coding gene, I'm not sure about C. elegans). I think
the folks at Geron are working on this...And probably reading the little
that is posted to this NG.