What is the cause of insulin resistance in the elderly?

Hang-Jun Jang iam at chollian.net
Fri Mar 13 10:49:40 EST 1998

Dear Lennox
Thank you for your providing me with  importain information. I will read the book you
recommend me. I am very intereted in the neuroendocrine theory of aging. If the cause of
aging exits, it must be a everyday one like plasma glucose. We might not find the cause
because it's so close to us. 'Even normal' level of plasma glucose do us harm in a long
time by producing advanced glycation end products which cause cross links between various
biomoleculs like proteins and DNA. If such a deleterious effect occurs in regulatory units
like hypothalamus, the outcome will be catastrophic!
Best regards
Hang-Jun Jang.