What is the cause of insulin resistance in the elderly?

Tom Matthews tmatth at netcom.ca
Sat Mar 14 19:33:19 EST 1998

Hang-Jun Jang wrote:

> If the cause of
> aging exits, it must be a everyday one like plasma glucose. We might not find the cause
> because it's so close to us.

Your mistake in reasoning here, is that it is quite clear now that there
are many independent causes of aging. Furthermore, most of the things
that we currently now call causes (such as plasma glucose glycation
products) are derivatives more fundamentally caused by something else.
It is highly unlikely that any of the fundamental causes of aging are
"everyday ones".

--Tom
Tom Matthews

The LIFE EXTENSION FOUNDATION - http://www.lef.org - 800-841-5433