Telomeric Theory - Those Damn Mice

bennett4490 at bennett4490 at
Tue Sep 8 02:23:48 EST 1998

In article <6t1nf8$ks1$1 at>,
  excelife at (Excelife) wrote:
> Yes. as J. Sedivy correctly pointed out in his paper, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S
> A 1998 Aug 4;95(16):9078-9081, mouse cells seem to require only a one step
> process for immortalization as opposed to a two step process for human cells.

What are those steps?  I don't know a whole lot about cell-culture techniques!
I'm currently working with several human cancer cell lines to characterise a
new potential gene therapy, and it'd be nice to understand a bit more about
their creation.  I got 4 days training before the previous worker left for
another job.  They call it the deep end :-/