Antiaging Research Priorities [was Re: Major Criticisms of The

James james at nospam.com
Sun Sep 20 00:06:29 EST 1998

> Dear James ,
>

> In your posting Re: Antiaging Research Priorities [was Re:
> Major Criticisms of The from
>
> Thu, 17 Sep 1998 12:48:37 -0500 you write:
>

> > Regardless, I do not believe that you are correct.
> Caloric restriction has been
>
> > shown to increase both average and maximal lifespan (see
> Yu et al. 1990, Yu et
>
> > al. 1982, Sohal R et al. 1996, Weindruch R, 1996, etc.)
> A rough calculation from
>
> > looking at the graph in the Yu paper (which used 115
> rats in each group) shows
>
> > about a 37% increase in maximum lifespan and more like
> 50% increase in average
>
> > life span.  So if you're saying that everyone has
> changed their minds in the past
>
> > two years please provide references.
>

> With modern visualization of measurement data you can
>
> get the correct idia. For example we have found a
> mathematic
>
> description of deep sleep. (Will be publish next month)
>
> For the next century we will design a new online
>
> calculation tool for  researcher. go to
> http://www.hchs.de/21Century/index.html

What on earth are you talking about?  Are you suggesting
that the longevity data could be analyzed with your
software?  I don't think the problem is that complex, it's
more of a theoretical question than a math question, though
I did think of a mathematical way that might resolve the
dispute (but then people would probably argue with the
premise of my math, sigh...).  Or was this just a general
post that really didn't have anything to do with my post?
By the way, there are many spelling and grammatical errors
on your site.  You certainly know more English than I know
whatever they speak in Denmark, so please don't take this
the wrong way, but it makes you look unprofessional.

James