Telomeric Theory - Growth Factors

ufotruth at ix.netcom.com ufotruth at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 23 23:02:53 EST 1998

Thomas Mahoney,

of questions.

1) Do you think that if all the cells in an older human body were
immortalized by the telomerase gene, and their telomeres enlongated,
that the cells would start making "growth factors" at the level of a
younger individual?

2) Where in the human body are all of these growth factors produced?
Are they produced in individual cells? (I realize this is most likely
a dumb question because probably there are many different types of
growth factors and they are produced in many different organs and
tissues. So if it is a dumb question just say so and I will not be
offended.)

3) If someone managed to immortalize every single cell of a human
being and enlongated his or her telomeres is it possible, that if
telomere enlongation could restore youthful levels of growth factors,
that unwanted side effects could occur? For example. I am an 18 year
old male. When I was 12 years old I grew 13 inches in one year. If
when I am lets say 30 years old I have all of the cells in my body
immortalized and their telomeres enlongated to the lengths they were
when I was 18 years old, could that, even possibly, cause me to have
another growth spurt which I would NOT want or need?

---

And everyone, here is a comparison that poped into my head a while
back that I would like to share with all of you:

If aging was a throat infection anti-oxidants, caloric restriction,
and beneficial nutrients would be a throat losenge. But telomeric
therapy to elongate the telomeres would be an anti-biotic.

---

Take care everyone and have a great day!

Best Regards,
William