Telomeric Theory - Growth Factors

ufotruth at ix.netcom.com ufotruth at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 25 21:32:52 EST 1998

>Except that at the present state of knowledge it is incorrect to
>classify calorie restriction, which extends maximum lifespan in many
>animals species, with anti-oxidants and "beneficial nutrients" which do
>not.

Interesting point but let me try and put this another way. Caloric
Restriction, anti-oxidants, and beneficial nutrients can sooth some of
the symptoms of aging, so that an organism can have a longer life
span, but they do not eliminate any of the actual causes of aging.
They may prevent the aging process from accelerating, possibly even
slow it down a little, and maybe even post pone some age related
diseases. But they do not even come close to actually CURING the CAUSE
of aging.

A form of telomere enlongation therapy on the other hand would
actually be CURING and ELIMINATING at least ONE fundamental cause of
aging.

Take care and have a great day.

Best Regards,
William