The Mitochondrial Free Radical Theory of Aging

private private at private.com
Fri Nov 5 12:38:59 EST 1999

This is sort of a general, non-scientific question.  When I think of
all that goes on in aging, the wrinkly skin, the cancer, the shrinking
muscles, the eye problems, the ear hair, increasing body fat.....it
seems so diverse.  Does anyone else wonder at how just the
mitochondria can be responsible?  Or...I guess the claim is not just
the mitochondria are the cause, but they are one of several causes?
How "important" are mitochondria  in the big picture?