Caloric restriction slows brain aging

Mike Reilly m-reilly-without-the-spam at home.com
Mon Jul 10 17:05:04 EST 2000

If I'm reading you correctly, you are saying that while removing cells,
engineering them, and re-implanting them is being done, we are not yet at
the stage where we can manipulate the vast majority of cells that are in the
body.  We have not yet developed the techniques required to safely access
these cells (especially those in regions with minimal circulation).

I agree that this is an area that is in _real_ need of addressing.  I have
heard of some interesting work in terms of delivery of proteins to cells in
vivo, which may prove a boon both to ageing research as well as the
pharmaceutical industry.

One point I haven't seen much research on is the effect of lipofuschin on
cellular metabolism and function.  The correlation between it's buildup and
cellular age is unmistakable.  Any idea of the actual percentage of cellular
volume that is being consumed by liposomes?