Ten Tips for Healthy Aging !
Dr. John H. Maher
drjmaher at cts.com
Wed Mar 14 06:44:58 EST 2001
Ten Tips for Healthy Aging
Your chances of staying healthy and living a long time can be improved if
1. Stay physically, mentally, and socially active.
2. Eat a nutrient dense diet of small frequent meals, including 5 to 9
helpings of fruits and vegetables a day. Don't over eat, even "good" food!
3. Get regular health check-ups and screening tests for heart disease and
common cancers (skin, colon, lung, prostate, breast, cervical). Don't delay
seeing your doctor for new symptoms, especially over 40!
4. Avoid overexposure to the sun and cold, don't smoke (it's never too late
to quit), drink in moderation and don't drink and drive!
5. Practice safety habits at home to prevent falls and fractures. Always
wear your seatbelt in a car.
6. Keep or develop a spiritual belief system that enables you to renegotiate
life at every turn, adjusting to and accepting the inevitable losses and
changes that come with longevity.
7. Cultivate (or keep) a love of and appreciation for life and others, and a
positive, yet realistic, attitude. Don't sweat the small stuff. Do the
things that make you happy. NOW!
8. Keep personal and financial records in order to simplify budgeting and
investing. Plan long-term housing and money needs.
9. Supplement your diet, adding an iron free multi-vitamin/mineral and
anti-oxidant supplementation. Keep abreast of the advances in natural
medicine and anti-aging.
10. If you desire feeling, performing and looking young as long as possible,
maintain the "hormones of youth" (HGH, DHEA, sex hormones, melatonin) at
optimal levels through natural hormonal enhancements.
Dr. John H. Maher, ABAAHP
subscribe at rxforwellness.com
"Your FREE Anti-Aging Prescription On-line!"
More information about the Ageing