New Article with Broad Overview of Aging Problem
lagavril at midway.uchicago.edu
Sun Dec 22 08:24:07 EST 2002
This is just a short note to alert you about new article with broad
overview of aging problem written for wide audience and forthcoming in
This is also to alert some science correspondents who may visit this
Discussion Group and who may be interested in the coverage of the
The article is named "Pieces of the Puzzle", and it discusses the following
(1) What is aging, how does it occur, and how does it express itself in
human clinical disease?
(2) How has the scientific community's view of aging in general evolved in
Is there a consensus on what aging is and how it occurs?
What are the most important controversies in the field at present?
(3) Can aging be altered, and if so, how might we intervene?
(4) What is the current state of aging research?
How could we improve on ongoing research efforts to understand and
intervene in human aging?
(5) What are the most promising avenues of research and why?
(6) What are the most significant obstacles to anti-aging medicine?
How can they best be overcome?
(7) What advice would you give those starting their careers in this field?
This paper will be published very soon (proofs are already made and
approved) by the scientific, peer-reviewed Journal of Anti-Aging Medicine:
Reference to forthcoming publication:
"PIECES OF THE PUZZLE. An Interview with Leonid A. Gavrilov, Ph.D."
Journal of Anti-Aging Medicine, 2002, 5(3): 255-263.
Dr. Leonid A. Gavrilov, Center on Aging
NORC/University of Chicago
1155 East 60th Street
Chicago, IL 60637-2745
Fax: (773) 256-6313, Phone: (773) 256-6359
FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT OUR SCIENTIFIC WEBSITE :
or our backup mirror website:
More information about the Ageing