books

Leonid Gavrilov lagavril at midway.uchicago.edu
Tue Dec 31 18:09:11 EST 2002

chuckfrasher at yahoo.com (Chuck) wrote in message news:<cc6b2012.0212291558.5a351b3d at posting.google.com>...
> lagavril at midway.uchicago.edu (Leonid Gavrilov) wrote in message news:<9259eb2.0212290807.76a2438 at posting.google.com>...
> > saturnerin at aol.com (SaturnErin) wrote in message news:<20021222004709.19629.00000154 at mb-bd.aol.com>...
> > > Can anyone here suggest any good books on slowing down the aging process?
> >
> > *** Good question!
> >
> >  If you are looking for a book with sound practical recommendations
> > based on strong scientific evidence, then there is no such book yet,
> > to my knowledge.
>
> Are you saying that there is no strong scientific evidence for CR to
> slow the effects of aging?

***
Yes, the evidence for CR is strong for laboratory animals.

As for humans, we just do not know exactly what would happen
-- this is why NIH is funding now the CR studies on primates.

--  Leonid Gavrilov
Author of the book "The Biology of Life Span"
http://www.src.uchicago.edu/~gavr1/index.html#Book