WHEN WILL YOU CLEAN UP THIS NEWSGROUP'S MESSAGE BOARD???

Tom Matthews tom at morelife.org
Fri Feb 8 01:46:47 EST 2002

J Guth wrote:

 > Tarik
 >
 > I would love to participate in this group.  But you really need to
clean up
 > the trash posted here since I find it distracting and offensive.  Can
you do
 > that?
 >

 > J.H. Guth

The problem is that bma is now a fully unmoderated newsgroup and there
is no way for anyone to block any messages from being posted to it. It
will need to be transformed into a moderated newsgroup where all
messages will automatically be first directed to the moderator (Tarik)
before he passes on those that are not "junk" for appearance here.

In the past for standard newsgroups, getting such a change implemented
has not been an easy and certainly not a quick job. It is done as a kind
of democratic procedure after a period of notification has been given,
which procedure can easily be defeated. Sometimes it is even easier to
abandon the old ng and begin a new one with a slightly different name
which is moderated right from the get go. Since this newsgroup with its
"bionet" beginnings is a little different, perhaps the process will be a
little quicker and easier to achieve. I don't know.

However, I hope that it will somehow get done quickly, because I would
dearly love to have the benefit of the participation of yourself and
many other researchers. Unfortunately, I personally am too busy to give
any of my time right now to find out exactly what must be done to
accomplish this.
(and, yes, I appreciate that this is a cop-out, since if everyone is too
busy then it *will not* get done).

--Tom Matthews

MoreLife for us all - http://morelife.org
Reality based tools for More Life in quantity & quality