Published Interview with Broad Overview of Aging Problem

Leonid Gavrilov lagavril at midway.uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 3 17:28:17 EST 2003

Greetings,

This is just a short note to alert you about new article published in
the scientific Journal of Anti-Aging Medicine:

http://www.liebertpub.com/JAA/default1.asp

Full published text of this scientific interview is now available at:

Journal of Anti-Aging Medicine, 2002, 5(3): 255-263.
http://www.src.uchicago.edu/~gavr1/Interview-JAAM.pdf
or:
http://matilde.ingentaselect.com/vl=18262784/cl=41/nw=1/rpsv/catchword/mal/10945458/v5n3/s4/p255

This interview discusses the following scientific problems:

(1) What is aging, how does it occur, and how does it express itself
in human clinical disease?

(2) How has the scientific community's view of aging in general
evolved in recent years?
Is there a consensus on what aging is and how it occurs?
What are the most important controversies in the field at present?

(3) Can aging be altered, and if so, how might we intervene?

(4) What is the current state of aging research?
How could we improve on ongoing research efforts to understand and
intervene in human aging?

(5) What are the most promising avenues of research and why?

(6) What are the most significant obstacles to anti-aging medicine?
How can they best be overcome?

(7) What advice would you give those starting their careers in this
field?

Any comments and discussions are welcome !

Kind regards,

 -- Leonid Gavrilov
Author of the book "The Biology of Life Span"
 http://www.src.uchicago.edu/~gavr1/index.html#Book