Asking for advice. World Health Forum on Aging 2003

tintinet tintinet at
Wed Mar 26 14:29:24 EST 2003

lagavril at (Leonid Gavrilov) wrote in message news:<9259eb2.0302131918.1157aa15 at>...
> Greetings,
> May I ask for your advice on the following issue.
> Suppose you have a chance to be heard by high level policy-makers, and
> your recommendations on aging problem could be included in their
> documents for possible important policy decisions.
> (1) What would you say to them, so that to promote
> aging/life-extension research ?
Aging and age-related disease and morbidity are interlinked. As the
population ages, health care costs increase. Antiaging medicine, by
mainting healthy vitality in the aging population, will reduce
age/disease related morbidity and decreased productivity.

> (2) How would you shape your phrases, so that they be accepted by
> conservative and skeptical policy-makers?

I would link anti-aging goals to health and vitality extending
> (3) How to say this in a very short way (few sentences), so that these
> suggestions could be included into one-page memorandum ?

Except for more exposition, I've not much more to add.