Asking for advice. World Health Forum on Aging 2003

Leonid Gavrilov lagavril at midway.uchicago.edu
Wed Mar 26 14:29:25 EST 2003

Greetings,

May I ask for your advice on the following issue.

Suppose you have a chance to be heard by high level policy-makers, and
your recommendations on aging problem could be included in their
documents for possible important policy decisions.

(1) What would you say to them, so that to promote
aging/life-extension research ?

(2) How would you shape your phrases, so that they be accepted by
conservative and skeptical policy-makers?

(3) How to say this in a very short way (few sentences), so that these
suggestions could be included into one-page memorandum ?

Here is why I am asking for your advice:

Next week I will be in Texas at the World Health Forum on Aging:
http://www.worldhealthforum-us.org/

Somehow I happened to be in a group of delegates who have to suggest,
discuss and approve policy recommendations on aging problem:
http://www.worldhealthforum-us.org/deligate2002a.html

I would like to embed the ideas we discuss at this discussion group
into the minds of delegates and hopefully into the final policy
recommendations.

If you can suggest some phrases and paragraphs for possible insertion
into these policy recommendations, this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Additional info about the World Health Forum on Aging:

The Focus of the World Health Forum on Aging:

The rapid growth of an ageing population is having major impacts on
nations worldwide. This and other advancements in medical science,
innovative technological breakthroughs, and vast improvements in
communications and international relationships, is creating
significant challenges globally.

The Objectives of the World Health Forum on Aging:

During the Forum the participants will:
Define the impact of an ageing population as it relates to:
7Medicine/Science
7Business/Economics
7Governments/Public Policy
Articulate global policy views.
Develop and generate international relationships and global network

Kind regards,

-- Leonid Gavrilov
Author of the book "The Biology of Life Span"
http://www.src.uchicago.edu/~gavr1/index.html#Book