The Longevity Attitude Survey

DrB w_scott_badger at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 07:46:26 EST 2005

The members of this group are respectfully invited to participate in a
survey research project titled, "The Longevity Attitude Survey". It
should take about 15 minutes of your time and focuses on your attitudes
and beliefs regarding the significant extension of the maximum human
life span. Five different areas of concern are addressed: Social,
Feasibility, Ethical, Religious, and Teleological Issues. Your
participation will be anonymous in that no identifying information will
be collected. But please remember to mention your membership in this
group when asked in the survey.

www.scottbadger.com/las/consent.htm

Analysis will involve comparing the attitudes of various groups,
identifying significant relationships between attitudes and demographic
and personality variables, and determining the degree to which
participants agree or disagree with members of the President's
Council on Bioethics who have expressed negative attitudes toward
increasing our maximum life span. Does the council's ethical stance
accurately reflect that of the citizenry? Your group will be notified
when the analysis is completed and a manuscript discussing the findings
is available.

A note of appreciation goes out to members of the Immortality Institute
(imminst.org) who provided valuable feedback during the development
phase of this survey.

Thanks in advance for participating and let me know if you have any
questions.

The Informed Consent page is at:

www.scottbadger.com/las/consent.htm
Best wishes,