[Ageing] Reader appointment in Exercise and Health Physiology

R.Lee from roehampton.ac.uk via ageing%40net.bio.net (by R.Lee from roehampton.ac.uk)
Thu Feb 11 18:11:23 EST 2010

Roehampton University, London
School of Human and Life Sciences

We are seeking to appoint a Reader in Exercise and Health Physiology to join an active and enthusiastic team, which aspires to be recognised as an international academic centre of excellence. We have an active programme of research with strong interests in exercise and health, musculoskeletal biomechanics, spine disorders, ageing and osteoporosis. The sport science team is multi-disciplinary. It comprises not only biomechanics, physiology and psychology staff, but also biomedical engineers so that they are well positioned to develop new technologies in studying physical activity and musculoskeletal problems. The candidate will join this highly successful team contributing to the research, teaching, and knowledge transfer activities of the School. We have well-equipped laboratories, including a complete motion analysis system, inertial and electromagnetic motions sensors, an environmental chamber and an ergospriometry system. We are supported by a highly qualified technical team which will facilitate innovative academic work developed by the candidate.

We are open to applications from candidates whose work is relevant to our research activities. The successful candidate will be a team player who is able to work beyond his or her discipline. The candidate will be recognised by his or her peers in UK and overseas universities as an expert in the field. The current position is an excellent opportunity for a well qualified individual to contribute to the senior academic team providing leadership and guidance in shaping our academic strategies.

• A PhD in Physiology, Exercise and Sport Physiology or a related area, and be committed to pursuing high quality research with significant scientific and socio-economic impact.
• An excellent track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Demonstrable excellence in teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels
• A successful record of PhD supervision to completion
• A record of regular external research funding over an extended period of time
• Willingness to participate in consultancy and knowledge transfer activities.
• Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills

Please email Prof Raymond Lee for any informal enquiry about the post, and visit the following website for the post information pack and the application form.

http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/about/jobopportunities/Reader%20in%20Exercise%20and%20Health%20Physiology%20.html

Closing date: Tuesday 23rd February 2010

--
Raymond Lee PhD
Professor of Biomechanics and Head of Sport Sciences

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee, or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, disclose or otherwise act upon any part of this email or its attachments.

Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or virus-free. Roehampton University does not accept responsibility for any loss arising from unauthorised access to, or interference with, any Internet communications by any third party, or from the transmission of any viruses.

Any opinion or other information in this e-mail or its attachments that does not relate to the business of Roehampton University is personal to the sender and is not given or endorsed by Roehampton University.

Roehampton University is a company limited by guarantee incorporated in England under number 5161359. Registered Office: Grove House, Roehampton Lane, London SW15 5PJ. An exempt charity.